Unique Treat for Children in Experiential Learning
Welcome to the wonders of Universe
Nothing better than a dark night, cool Camping & hills surrounding making the perfect destination for Star Gazing & Astro Photography. From the Experts watch live & learn about the Constellations, their identification with the help of Star Map & Telescopes. This Real-time watching of Planets is a wonderful experience than the animated videos of the Planetarium. Learn Night Sky Photography Techniques. Delicious food & accommodation under starry night.. The Perfect Weekend Getaway, so bring your family, children & friends along and acquire skills that will enable you to enjoy stargazing for the rest of your life.
Dates: 2nd & 9th Feb 2019 (Saturday Night, Sunset to Sunrise)
Location: Safale, Tandulwadi Village (18°35’13.0″N 73°18’26.4″E)
All Amateur & Novice Users can join and take opportunity to know the Night Sky and observe some of the deep sky objects like Planets, Nebulae’s, Galaxies, Globular Cluster, Open Clusters, Double Stars and of course our Milky Way Galaxy etc. NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE of astronomy is necessary for this.
Night Sky Gazing Schedule:
Participants are requested to reach the campsite by 6 pm. Sunset – 6:30pm
6:00 – 6:30 pm – Event Registration, Selfie Photos, Group Photo Session & Snacks
7:00 – 7:30 pm – Session 1 – Introduction & West Sky Objects, Satellite Tracking, Moon Observation
7:30 – 8:00 pm – Night Sky Orientation – Finding the North Star and Ursa Major
8:00 – 9:00 pm – Session 2 – Astronomy Awareness Video Program
9:00 – 10:00 pm – Dinner Time (On-Site Delicious Veg Dinner & BBQ)
10:30 – 11:30pm – Session 3 – Telescope Orientation & Night Sky Observation, Constellations, Globular Clusters, Twin Stars and Galaxies
11:30pm – 12:30am – General Observation and Astrophotography
1:00 – 03:30 am – Power Nap – Charge Yourself and Camera/Tablet/Mobile Batteries
3:30 – 4:00 am – Tea Break
4:00 – 5:30 am – Session 4 – Early Morning Sky
5:30 – 6:30 am – Session 5 – ISS, Satellite, Iridium Flares Tracking & Crescent Moon
7:00 – 7:30 am – Breakfast / Tea and Group Photo
8:00 am – Event Closure
Participants can depart from the camp-site, or hang around with experts for informal discussion. Participants are free to observe all night or retire for a short sleep and join again for observations. We greatly encourage informal interactions/ discussion with us at any time during the night. WE WILL BE AWAKE ALL NIGHT TO FACILITATE THOSE WHO WISH TO STAY AWAKE AND OBSERVE THE NIGHT SKY WITH US.
- 10 Inch Dobsonian Reflectors (2 Qty) – Antares GSO & SKY Watcher
- Binoculars 10 x 50 (2 Qty)
- Celestron Automated Mount (100mm Refractor)
- Celestron Automated Mount for Astrophotography
- EQ1 Manual – 75mm & 80mm Scope
Event Charges: Adult Rs. 1849/- and Child (above 5 Yrs to 14 Yrs) Rs. 1349/-
- Real-time Night Sky Gazing Event and On-Site Charges
- Evening Snacks, Delicious Veg Dinner & Morning Breakfast
- Stay in Tent with soft bedding & pullover
- Tea & Drinking Water available
- Guitarist (if available)
Limited Seats only. Registrations will be closed 3 days prior. Hurry!
Please call post RSVP on +91 9819155259 for further details & booking. (Only RSVPs will not be counted)
- Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited at this campsite. As this is a spl. Educative Camping, Drunken participants will be asked to leave the Site immediately. The Organizers reserve the right to expel offending participants from the camp-site.
- Observation depends on subject to availability of object & weather condition.
- No refund on cancellation from the participant.